Decadent Christmas Hazelnut TrufflesSweet treats
On The Countdown to Christmas My Pantry Gave to Me…
Decadent, chocolate truffles with a hazelnut surprise. Perfect for a post Christmas dinner treat – if you still have room! Dates and almonds enclose a crunchy hazelnut centre, that is coated in dark chocolate and covered in roasted hazelnuts. Divine! But still healthy!
Decadent Christmas Hazelnut Truffles
Prep time: 30 mins. Cook time: 0 mins. Serves: 10 decadent truffles
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- small pinch sea salt
- 50g dark vegan chocolate
- 10 raw hazelnuts (or blanched)
- 100g roasted chopped hazelnuts (some will remain)
- Add almonds to blender and blend for 5 seconds until crushed. Remove and place aside.
- Add dates to blender. Blend to 10-15 seconds.
- Add crushed almonds, maple syrup and salt. Mix with a spoon to combine ingredients.
- Blend mixture for 10 seconds and test. The mixture should hold together when pinched. If not continue to blend.
- Roll into small balls, inserting a hazelnut into the centre. The mixture should produce 10 truffles. Place in fridge for a minim of 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Dip each truffle in the chocolate coating thoroughly.
- Remove and roll in chopped hazelnuts. Coat entire truffle..Gently pat hazelnuts to sick. Place on plate lined with parchment paper.
- Store in the fridge until set and ready to enjoy. Can be kept refrigerated up to 3 days.