Kim Kong Kimchi LoveReviews
It’s been confirmed, I’m officially addicted to Kim Kong Kimchi! It was instant kimchi love!
What is Kimchi
Kimchi is a traditional Korean delicacy made from spicy, fermented vegetables (often cabbage). Generally made with fish sauce this can be omitted making it totally veggie and vegan friendly.
What does it Kimchi taste like?
Kim Kong Kimchi has a wonderful spicy taste that’s laced with tonnes of flavour. The carrots, spring onions and Chinese cabbage gives it a lovely crunchy texture while the Gochugaru chilli flakes lend a sweet and slightly smoky taste, gives it that deep, red-orange kimchi colour and apparently a traditional flavour.
Why should I eat Kimchi?
- Kimchi is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals: such as vitamin K, C, B6, manganese, potassium and folate. As an added bonus Kim Kong Kimchi is unpasteurised meaning that it hasn’t lost any vital vitamins through a heating process.
- Supports liver detoxification: Chinese cabbage, garlic and spring onions are great liver detoxifiers.
- Great for gut health: being a fermented food, kimchi is full of friendly (probiotic) bacteria which helps to balance gut bacteria. A healthy happy gut means improved mood, skin and immunity.
- Kim Kong Kimchi is raw, vegan and gluten free.
- Surprisingly delicious and very addictive.
How to eat it and where to buy it?
You can eat kimchi with practically any savoury dish. I love it with rice, pasta could work, or even on its own, as I often do. Kim Kong Kimchi retails at £4.68 for 330g and can be purchased at Wholefoods (UK) and Planet Organic.
Incredible yummy side dish with a great spicy kick. Although slightly expensive to eat every day, it is cheaper than other brands and you do get what you pay for which is a great tasting, homemade, vegan, locally produced (if you live in the UK) kimchi. I love it!