Maple Roasted AlmondsSweet treats
Maple roasted almonds, a perfect healthy mid-day snack that you can throw into your bag for when you are on the go. Coated in maple syrup, cinnamon and a little bit of vanilla, then roasted until golden and crunchy. Delicious!
Maple Roasted Almonds
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 12- 15 mins Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup (150g) raw almonds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar + 1 tsp to sprinkle after roasting
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4 / 150 F / 180 C
- Add almonds, maple syrup, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla to a bowl. Mix thoroughly to fully coat the almonds.
- Add coated almonds to a non-stick baking tray or parchment lined tray*. Spread almond in a single layer.
- Bake at gas mark 4 for 12-15mins. Adjust time where necessary depending on your roasting preference.
- Remove, loosen almonds from the bottom of tray with a wooden spoon and sprinkle remain sugar. Add more sugar if necessary. Separate any almonds clumped together and leave to cool.
- Enjoy and store remaining in a glass jar.
Toss them a couple of times as they cool, and break apart once cooled before storing.