Pitta Pizza, for the days when you really fancy pizza but haven’t got enough time to make dough or you have run out of the pre-prepared base. Pitta Pizza is as simple as one, two, three. Quick, easy and healthy! Why not?
- 1/4 cup passata
- pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian herbs or basil (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- a drop of maple syrup or any liquid sweetener
- 2 whole meal or gluten-free pitta bread
- olive oil (for brushing pitta bread)
- nutritional yeast or vegan cheese
Toppings – pick and choose or add your own
- fresh tomatoes
- pine nuts
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 6 / 200 C / 400 F
- Add passata, garlic powder, oregano, Italian herbs and black pepper to a bowl. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Lightly brush oil on both sides of pitta bread. Place on baking tray.
- Spoon an even amount of sauce onto each pitta bread.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast or vegan cheese and add your choice of toppings.
- Place in oven for 10mins or until base it crispy but not hard.
- Remove, sprinkle more dried oregano, nutritional yeast (both optional).