Spiced Baked Pears with Brandy Infused Cashew CreamSweet treats
On The Countdown to Christmas My Pantry Gave to Me…
One word… stuffed. By the end of Christmas day I will be absolutely well and truly stuffed. I will have neatly devoured half a Nut, bean and seed loaf, torn through two servings of Mac and Cheese pie, and accidentally on purpose forgot to share the 10 hazelnut truffles I made on Christmas Eve. My tummy will be bursting to capacity. But come 10pm I will have made space for a little something more… Time for some fruit…Bring on the baked pears!
Succulent, tender baked pears, coated in cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut palm sugar, served with a brandy infused cashew cream. Luxurious! HO, HO, HO Merry Christmas!
Spiced Baked Pears with Brandy Infused Cashew Cream
Prep time : 10 mins. Cook time: 30 mins. Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (preferably soaked)
- 3/4 cups filtered water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 vanilla pod ( or 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract)
- 1 1/2 tsp brandy (optional)
- 2 medium perfectly ripe pears (soft but slightly firm)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 small orange (juiced)
- 1/4 cup pecans ( roughly chopped)
- non-bleached parchment/ greaseproof paper
- Rinse and drain soaked cashews
- Add to blender with water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add maple syrup, contents of vanilla pod, and brandy (optional). Blend/ mix to combine.
- Empty into container and place in fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5 / 375 F / 195 C.
- Wash and pat dry pears. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Using teaspoon scoop seeds from each half.
- Place on large sheet of parchment paper face up (large enough to rap pears).
- Rub coconut oil onto face of pears (use finger).
- In small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice. Mix thoroughly so all spice absorb juice.
- Pour spiced mixture onto face of each pear. Rub in with back of teaspoon.
- Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Place crushed pecans into hollows of pears.
- Rap pears in parchment paper. Fold to seal.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with lashings of cashew cream. If required sprinkle with more coconut sugar.