20-Minute Meals: Tasty Black Bean TacosMains
This week I decided to go all Mexican and make some tasty black bean tacos. I love this recipe as it’s super quick and easy to prepare, packed with protein and full of fresh veggies. In less than 20 mins you have an utterly satisfying lunch or dinner. So good. Let’s say I went back for thirds!
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil (preferably coconut oil)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
- good pinch smoked paprika
- chilli powder – to taste (optional)
- 1 can / 240g / 1½ cups black beans (thoroughly drained. Rinse if using canned)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- dash of water
- salt and pepper – to taste
- fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 red onion (finely chopped)
- fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 lime juice (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
Extra fillings (pick and mix)
- sliced cos lettuce
- sliced red or green cabbage
- extra onions
- avocado or guacamole
- vegan cheese
- extra lime juice
- soft corn/wheat tortillas or ready-made crispy taco shells (add external link)
- Add onions and oil to frying pan. Sauté for 4 mins or until translucent.
- Add garlic, paprika, dried oregano, marjoram, cumin, smoked paprika and chilli powder. Sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Add black beans, stir then add tomato puree.
- Gently stir to combine all ingredients. Add a dash of water to loosen the mixture. Cover and cook on low heat for 10mins adding more water if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix
- To warm crispy shells: follow instruction on packet.
- To warm tortillas: using medium heat add 1/2 tsp oil to frying pan allowing to warm before adding tortillas. Move tortilla around pan to coat in oil. When starts to brown slight and firm then flip. Repeat with each tortilla.
Fill your tacos
- Add black beans on the bottom
- Add your choice of fillings.
- Enjoy while still warm.